Admin/Intake Officer (12 month contract)
The Admin/Intake Officer is an integral part of the public face of IARC, dealing with enquiries from clients and visitors and ensuring that volunteers also undertake these tasks in a professional and polite manner.
The Admin/Intake Officer requires a broad understanding of IARC’s work to enable them to communicate confidently with clients and visitors and to refer inquiries to the appropriate person. The Admin/Intake Officer also ensures that the administrative needs of the organisation are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate client intake by supervising volunteers or directly carrying out the following tasks including answering the phone, responding to email enquiries, providing information and referrals and booking appointments.
- Coordinate the recruitment of new volunteers and Practical Legal Trainees.
- Maintain volunteer records ensuring currency and accuracy of records.
- Generate reports from internal systems and databases as required.
- Manage arrangements for external events such as outreach and community legal education.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director and legal practice.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers as required.
- Attend team meetings and staff training.
A full job description is attached here. To apply, email your CV and a cover letter or document outlining how you meet the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5pm on 27 July 2020.
We encourage applications from candidates with CALD backgrounds including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage.