Visa Assist for Union members

Many migrant workers are vulnerable in their workplaces, they’re afraid to speak up about wage theft, harassment and exploitation because they fear that their visas might be cancelled. 

Unions NSW and IARC have partnered to provide legal advice on immigration matters to union members who are working in NSW on a visa provided by the Australian Government. This includes all types of visas provided to workers in Australia such as student, working holiday and sponsorship visas. All IARC lawyers are  experts in immigration law and visa issues and are also registered migration agents.

Advice can be given over the telephone or in person.  Interpreters are available. All advice is free and confidential.

For information on how to make an appointment with IARC  please contact your union and they will arrange a referral to IARC for you. Please do not contact IARC yourself. If you are not a union member, you can find out how to join your union on the Australian Unions website.