IARC can provide free legal advice on your immigration matters either over the telephone or we can arrange for you to come to our office and meet with us.
Eligibility- Who we can help
As our advice is free, we can only help people who are not able to pay for legal advice because they are on low or no income or are vulnerable in other ways for example, escaping family violence, having a disability, having a mental incapacity or cognitive problem, or are disadvantaged in other ways.
When you contact us we will ask you a number of questions to see if you are able to access our free legal advice.
IARC can help you if you need advice about:
- Protection visas and humanitarian visas
- Family visas or family reunion
- Partner or spousal visas, carer visas, or child visas
- Family violence and migration matters
- Visa cancellations or visa refusals
- Visitor visas
We cannot help you with
- Student visas
- Withdrawal of sponsorship
- Retirement visas
- Skilled and investment visas
- Migration to countries other than Australia
- Judicial review
IARC’s legal advice is free and confidential. Interpreter services are available for all IARC appointments.